Like on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pintrest Follow on Instagram Follow on Google+ Find on Etsy

Shen Wong Blog

A typical lady, I have something to say about everything!

Sharing thoughts on beauty, fashion and leading a positive go getter life through my own philosophy of 'Shen-isms'.

8 Jun 2013

How to Make a Jewellery Workstation

To get started on my journey into the jewellery making business, the first thing I had to make was a workstation. Visiting my local bead shop Yellow Brick Road in Dublin, I purchased some Swarovski beads, a necklace tray and a pliers set.

After I got home with my new equipment I started working on a portable jewellery workstation so that I could get working on my creations.


Using a large hamper box lid, I constructed my first studio/workstation. It has everything I need within easy reach:
  • Silk threads clipped to the left side for easy access
  • Tools on a shelf for organisation (made from shoe box lid)
  • A necklace tray with sorting compartments to prepare designs
  • Magnet to hold needles
  • Sharp tools holder (made from old makeup pouch)
  • Third hand (made from bent clothes hanger), attached with cable ties.
  • Pens holder & bin cup (old shot glassses)
  • Ruler
  • Findings etc clipped to right
  • Bead cups for organizing (milkshake lids)
  • Polish cloth
I am ready to get creating!

Please leave me a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.

by Shen Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment